Called To Grace
These verses, taken from Ephesians, may be read directly from the Bible or paraphrased as they have been here. They are intended to be read by individuals standing at microphones near the front or scattered throughout the sanctuary. It works well to use this potpourri on the heals of a quiet worship chorus such as the song “By Grace” while a guitar or piano plays softly. After the scripture verses have been spoken, sing the chorus of the song once more to conclude. Suggestion: Do not read the scripture references when doing this in the worship service. Let the words speak by themselves.
1. We were once as good as dead in our trespasses and sins, in which we formerly walked according to the flesh, according to the ways of this world. – Ephesians 2:1-2
2. But God, being rich in mercy and because of His great love for us, even though we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ, and raised us up and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus. – Ephesians 2:4-6
3. For by grace we have been saved through faith, and not of ourselves, it is the gift of God. For we are God’s handiwork created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we might walk in them. – Ephesians 2:8-10
4. But now we who were once separated from God, have been brought close again by the blood of Jesus Christ. For He Himself became our peace. He himself has united us as one and broken down the wall that divided us. – Ephesians 2:13-14
5. I encourage you then, to walk in such a way that honors God’s calling on your life, with humility and gentleness, showing patience with one another in love, and working to keep the unity of the Spirit like a holy covenant of peace. – Ephesians 4:1-3
6. So then, do not grieve God’s Holy Spirit, through whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Put away all bitterness, wrath, anger, slander and malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ has forgiven you. – Ephesians 4:30-32
7. Imitate God as beloved children and walk in love just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for you, an offering and a holy sacrifice to God. – Ephesians 5:1-2
8. Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might, put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, the powers, and the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. – Ephesians 6:10-12
9. So take up the full armor of God. Prepare yourself, so that you will be able to stand your ground during the battle. Stand firm with confidence, having clothed yourself with truth and righteousness, and having covered your feet with the Gospel of peace. – Ephesians 6:14-15
10. Most importantly of all, take up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the fiery arrows of the evil one. And take up the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. – Ephesians 6:16-17
Copyright 1999 Cross the Sky Ministries
Permission granted to copy for local use.