Mister men find the fruit of the Spirit in this off the wall skit featuring a very gracious little mister who seems to have love, joy, and peace to spare! Come on in and have some JOY why don’t you!
Characters: Little Mister, 8 Mister Men, The Big Mister
Props & Setup: Paper for the signs, 1 roll of duct tape
The Skit: Little Mister walks in with large signs taped to his clothing. They have words written on them that say: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, and SELF CONTROL. Mr. Anger walks up to him and says, “Well look at you mister smarty pants, or should I say (looking at the sign on his butt) mister love butt?” Little Mister says, “The name’s Little Mister, and what might I do for you?” Mr. Anger says gruffly, “I’ve got a lot of anger!” He points to a larger sign on his chest with the word “ANGER” written on it. “See! Anger! Anger!! I hate it! I hate being here! And I hate you too!” Little Mister says, “Maybe I can help you with that.” Mr. Anger says, “Help me with that? Sure you can help me with that! I’ve got this anger, see! And I’d like to trade it in. What will you give me in return for this anger? It’s awesome, look what it does!” He punches Little Mister who grimaces in pain, “Ouch!” Mr. Anger says, “See, anger is awesome! Want some more!” Little Mister says, “Well, if you’re looking to get rid of that anger, why don’t you trade it with me for something more useful. Look at me, I’m full of good fruit! I’ve got love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, and self control. Which one would you like?” Mr. Anger grabs him and turns him around gruffly, looking at all the signs. Finally he says, “I’ll take love!” Little Mister asks, “Really? It’s on my butt you know.” Holding back a tear, Mr. Anger says, “That’s alright, I could really use it.” Little Mister pulls the LOVE sign off his butt and they trade signs. Little Mister slaps the anger sign on his butt, while Mr. Anger slaps the love sign on his chest. Suddenly Mr. Anger is a changed man. He smiles and laughs and starts bouncing around uncontrollably. Little Mister asks, “How do you like it?” Mr. Anger bounces over and gives him a bouncy hug, “I love it! Thank you!” He bounces off.
Other people walk up to Little Mister and trade their bad signs for good ones. The same kind of goofy interactions happen with them. Their signs / characteristics might be:
1. Mr. Confussion – “I’m so confused, I ain’t go no brain, who are you, where am I? I’ll need peace!”
2. Mr. Irritable – “Stop bothering me, stop doing that, and that, and that! Aaargh!! I’ll take patience.”
3. Mr. Mean – “I’m real mean (twists shopkeeper’s ear – ouch!) see what I mean? I need kindness.”
4. Mr. Bad – “I bad!” Little Mister backs away and says, “Don’t hurt me, here take some goodness!”
5. Mr. Fear – “I’m afraid of dying, afraid of failing, afraid of germs, snakes, spiders, etc! I’ll take fatih.”
6. Mr. Out of Control – “I can’t stop myself (throws himself into things, on floor) I need self control.”
After everyone has come and gone Little Mister stands there in a daze. The Big Mister walks up to him, looks at all the bad signs, and asks, “Little Mister, what happened to you?” Little Mister says, “Wow, Big Mister, a lot of bad things happened to me today. Those messed up misters had a lot of problems.” Big Mister says, “Hey, I’ve got some good fruit left here. What would you like?” Little Mister looks at the signs on Big Mister and says, “Hmm, Let’s see, which one, which one?” Finally he says, “I’ll take JOY!” Big Mister takes his joy sticker off and slaps it on Little Mister’s forehead and laughs, “There you go! Some joy just for you, Little Mister!” They walk off side by side. Little Mister says, “I love you Big Mister!” Big Mister replies, “I love you Little Mister.”
Scripture Emphasis: Galatians 5:22-23 The way we respond to others can have a huge impact. If we are willing to trade love for hatred and faith for fear we can change people’s lives and the world too.
1. Why is it so hard to love others when they are mean to you? How do you usually react?
2. In what ways can you show love to others in exchange for hatred?
3. Think of someone who needs to be loved and determine to show them love this week.
4. Pray and ask God to give the opportunity to show them love.
“Little Mister” Copyright 2005 Cross the Sky Ministries
Permission granted for local use.